Friday, January 20, 2012

How to Freshen Your Breath

Hellllllooo all! Leila here and this video idea popped in my head while I was sitting in class and someone had awful breath!!
It's a nasty trait about someone and we want to try to diminish it as much as possible! We all know it happens to the best of us so here are my tips to prevent people from cringing their nose as they talk to you!
A BIG ONE

There were many many many DISGUSTING pictures of mouths of cigarette smokers that I could have posted, but I won't scar your brain for life. Smoking is a nasty habit and there is not a single positive thing about it. Clearly, it also causes stinky breath. Even with gum or mints, the smell of cigarette smoke cannot be covered!

Brush your teeth at least twice a day: I know, I know..you hear this everywhere. It is a good idea though! Get a good toothbrush and brush that odor causing bacteria away with a good, minty toothpaste.
Floss at least once a day (before bed) : I personally floss twice a day because that is what I like to do. Just because food does not always come out between each tooth, you are still removing odor causing bacteria.

Use a mouthwash twice a day: I use ACT so I can strengthen my enamel at the same time. There are many options of mouthwash like whitening, fresh breath, strengthening, etc. Choose your favorite and rinse for at least a minute. I always do this after brushing and flossing so that way I get out anything I missed.

Mint and/or gum: If you know you are going to be around people..pop in some gum or a mint. Gum also produces more saliva and prevents odor.

Drink water: After you eat a meal, swish plain water around in your mouth and either spit it out or just swallow it. This prevents food from sitting on your teeth all day and stinking them all up. Also, drink water throughout the day. A moist mouth is key to fresh breath and also you will benefit from drinking water in general!

Eat fresh crisp foods: No! Not chips! Fresh fruits and veggies like carrots, apples, and green beans!
Watch my video below to check out more tips! Thanks for reading and keep your mouth clean :D



-Leila

No comments:

Post a Comment